Virtual racing is basically running a race with other people - just not all at the same place or even at the same time! No crowds, no parking hassles, no waiting in line for a portable toilet, no worries about the weather.
We will send race instructions just like a regular race: where and when to pick up your packet to include a t-shirt and finisher ornament and upload photos to our social pages. There are no awards for virtual participants.
Race numbers, shirts and finisher ornaments for the virtual participants will be distributed on:
Friday December 9th from 4pm – 8pm at the Kelly Recreation Complex (404 Imperial Boulevard, Lakeland, FL 33803) in the parking lot on the back/west side of the building
December 13th and 14th (anytime between 5:30am-9:00pm) at front desk, inside the Kelly Recreation Complex.
How to prepare for a virtual 5k:
- Continue to train like it is an in-person event
- Stay hydrated 🚰
- Plan your 3.1 mile route - We encourage you to find an alternate, safer route for your virtual 5k. If you run the Holly Jolly Jingle Bell Jog 5K route, stay on the sidewalk, follow all pedestrian traffic signals, and remember cars are not watching for runners! Runners will not be allowed to finish on the Cleveland Heights Golf Course and will need to find a safe alternate finishing point.
- Dress in your 🎄 holly-est jolly-est attire 🎄!
- Have your family and friends 👪 cheer you on at your finish line and award your finisher ornament 🏅
- Your race, your pace - whether you aim for a personal victory against the clock or enjoy a social pace while chatting virtually with friends, you are in control.
- Share your accomplishment on social media with the hashtag: #JBJog
- Upload your finish time and/or photo 📷 on the Holly Jolly Jingle Bell Jog 5k Facebook Event Page or email it to us at JingleBellJog@Lakelandgov.net
- Celebrate! 🌟Job well done🌟!